Drug and alcohol abuse can damage your brain and body. Prolonged drug abuse can have short-term and long-term effects. Most people focus on the psychological nature of addiction while overlooking the physical harm drugs and alcohol abuse can have on your body.
- Depressants actually slow down your central nervous system functions. That means messages aren’t sent to and from your brain as quickly. In small doses, this might cause you to feel more relaxed than you do after a glass of wine. But larger amounts can impact your coordination and your concentration, making it difficult for you to respond. Prolonged drug abuse or alcoholism can leave behind long-term damage to the messages communicated to and from your brain.
- Stimulants do the exact opposite by speeding up messages to and from your brain. This can cause increased heart rate, and in small doses, you might feel more alert, but in large doses, it can cause significant anxiety attacks and seizures and hamper the natural speed of communication to and from your brain long-term.
- Marijuana can make it very difficult for you to concentrate and retain information, especially long-term.
- Cocaine can increase your risk of developing mental health issues, cause your veins to collapse, cause high blood pressure, and more.
- Ecstasy is linked to paranoia, anxiety, long-term memory loss, and depression.
With each of these examples, you can see how your brain and body can be impaired long-term. Even symptoms like depression or high blood pressure can be linked to problems with cognitive-communication. This is where IV vitamin therapy is so essential.
What is IV Vitamin Therapy?
IV therapy in addiction treatment works to reverse the damage done to your brain and body simultaneously. With a rehab IV program, you get connected to an IV which delivers things straight into your bloodstream. With an IV therapy program, you usually get a vitamin supplement sent to your bloodstream, bypassing your stomach and increasing how much you can absorb.
What you consume each time you eat or drink goes into your stomach and your digestive system. After it gets processed, vitamins and nutrients are distributed into your bloodstream. With this method, there is a limited amount you can absorb at one time, and it can take a while.
When you need IV therapy used in addiction treatment, you need your treatment to work more effectively, which is why bypassing the digestive system increases how much your cells are able to absorb. Within as little as 30 minutes, your IV therapy rehab can start delivering fluids and vitamins to your body.
What are the Benefits of IV Vitamin Therapy?
IV therapy used in addiction treatment has many benefits.
- Firstly, the saline used for your IV drip keeps your body hydrated. This is especially important during your withdrawals and detox when dehydration is a serious risk.
- Secondly, IV therapy rehab supplies your body with essential vitamins like vitamin B complex and vitamin C. Vitamin B complex makes it easier for your body to absorb other vitamins while improving nerve function and Metabolism. If your detox and withdrawal symptoms leave you with no appetite, increasing your vitamin B can help you maintain a healthy appetite to give your body the fuel it needs for recovery. Vitamin C keeps your immune system functioning while you undergo long-term rehab.
- Thirdly, IV vitamin therapy gives you things like calcium and magnesium. Calcium keeps your bones strong during your withdrawal treatment and long-term rehab, while magnesium reduces inflammation and cramping. If muscle aches or muscle cramps are a serious risk during withdrawal, adding magnesium to your therapy program can ease your discomfort without using over-the-counter medications.
How is IV Vitamin Therapy Used in Addiction Treatment?
IV therapy used in addiction treatment can help heal the body much faster by providing vital resources.
When you come in for an IV vitamin therapy session, you get hooked up to an IV while the mixture of vitamins you have chosen with your rehab center is administered. The process doesn’t take very long, and you will usually feel results between 30 minutes and a couple of hours after your session. A lot of people choose to read or catch up on phone calls while they undergo the process.
If you are using IV vitamin therapy as part of your detox, you might begin the detox process after checking into a rehab facility and have the IV administered at some point within the first few days of your detoxification.
How to Find IV Vitamin Therapy Rehab Programs in Southern California
If you are ready to find IV vitamin therapy rehab programs, let Total RMH help. Our Beverly Hills addiction treatment and recovery method focus on the fact that every client is different, and every addiction is unique. Maybe you have tried to get clean in the past and struggled with a relapse, or maybe you successfully completed a program, but it didn’t stop your cravings. No matter what, we use a technique that works.
Using things like our Southern California NAD treatment and IV vitamin therapy, we help you minimize your cravings, boost your energy, and complete your recovery phase in as little as six months. In as little as several days, you can start to resume your normal life without relying on other medication or narcotics.
If you have bravely sought help with your recovery, let Total RMH lend a hand with IV therapy rehab in Los Angeles.